We want your visit to Knoxville Raceway to be a relaxing, carefree and unique getaway for the whole family—one you will treasure forever. To help you have the best experience possible, below is information from A to Z that may be helpful.
The A B C's of Knoxville Raceway Accessibility
– Knoxville Raceway strives to ensure the track is accessible and comfortable for all guests. Accessible parking is available in the free lot after Turn 3, or in the East paid parking lot. Accessible seating is also available. For more information, please call 641-842-5431.
–Fans may not bring alcohol in to the Grandstand. Coolers, backpacks and bags may be inspected for compliance. Guests must be 21 to possess, consume, or purchase alcohol at Knoxville Raceway. Alcohol is available for purchase at Knoxville Raceway for guests of age.
– Companion animals utilized to assist fans with visual or physical impairments are welcome at Knoxville Raceway. Proper documentation for service animals may be requested. All other animals are not allowed inside the track gates.
- Celebrating a birthday or anniversary? Announce your special occasion at the Knoxville Raceway! When possible, the Knoxville Raceway will announce special occasions during breaks in the racing action. Requests are accepted via email only, and must be received by Thursday before the race. Send your announcement to Shelly Reed, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATMs are located inside of the Ticket Office for your convenience. Additional ATMs are typically available outside of the Ticket Office for Nationals events.
Backpacks, Bags, Purses
– To ensure a safe environment, backpacks, bags, purses, etc. may be inspected upon entering Knoxville Raceway. Coolers are permitted, but must be small and soft-sided. Knoxville Raceway coolers are also available for purchase. Glass containers of any kind are not permitted.
- Tune in to MAVTV on Thursdays beginning June 5th for Knoxville Raceway's Dirt Dreams. The program will chronicle the stories and action of the Lucas Oil Knoxville Championship Cup Series weekly races.
Cameras & Recording Equipment
– Cameras and other personal recording devices are welcome at Knoxville Raceway. Tripods or other support devices are not allowed. Note that recording devices are not permitted during Nationals events.
– Fans interested in camping may utilize Knoxville Raceway campgrounds, or grounds in the surrounding communities. Knoxville Raceway campgrounds are open weekends only, and are accessible from April through September. For more information, click here
– A variety of food and beverage options are available for purchase through our concession stands. Try our famous Chicken Bites! Concession stands begin serving at 6pm for weekly races, and open earlier for Nationals events. Please call 641-842-5431 for more information.
– Knoxville Raceway is located at 1000 North Lincoln Street in Knoxville, Iowa. Get in touch by telephone at 641-842-5431, or via email at email@example.com
–Coolers are available for purchase through merchandise stands. Additionally, fans are permitted to bring in small, soft-sided coolers. Alcohol is available for purchase at concessions stands, but may not be carried in or out of the gates.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted for merchandise, and ticket purchases.
- For family seating, reserve tickets in sections "I" and "J", where alcohol is not allowed.
– In the event of a medical emergency, first aid is located at the top of the grandstands. Ticket Office, Security, or Event Staff should be alerted to assist in securing medical attention.
– For weekly races, parking is available starting at 3 p.m. Grandstand gates, concessions, and merchandise stands open at 6 p.m. For Nationals events, Grandstand gates open earlier. Call 641-842-5431 for details.
Junior Fan Club
- Junior Fan Club is a dream come true for fans ages 5 to 12. Games, prizes, driver autographs, and so much more! Visit our website
for more information.
Lost & Found
–Inquiries for lost items should be directed to the Ticket Office. Visit the Ticket Office during an event or during business hours to claim lost articles, or call 641-842-5431.
- To request media credentials, download the Application for 2014 Knoxville Media Accreditation
from our website. Note that applications for the Knoxville Nationals must be received before Friday, July 4 at 5pm.
– Knoxville Raceway merchandise makes the perfect gift for fans of all ages! Click here
to purchase online, or purchase during events at merchandise stands. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted.
National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum
– As an institution created to honor the past and celebrate the future, the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum celebrates sprint car drivers, owners, mechanics, builders/manufacturers, and promoters. The museum is open seven days a week year round, with the exception of major holidays. Group discounts are available. For more information, visit www.sprintcarhof.com
- Paid parking is available at turn 4, accessible through the south gate, and begins at 3 p.m. for weekly races. Parking is $5 on most nights. Free parking is limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Use the north gate entrance to access free parking at the back of turn 4.
– In order for a minor to enter the pit, a parental consent waiver is required. Please submit a form for any minors who plan to enter the pit area. Forms are available for download here
– The Knoxville Nationals Queen serves as an ambassador for both the Knoxville Raceway and sprint car racing. Applications for 2014 Knoxville Nationals Queen must be received by July 1, 2014. Click here
to print an application.
– Pass outs are available for fans that wish to exit and re-enter the Grandstand.
– Restrooms are located underneath the Grandstands on both the west and east ends. Additional facilities are located outside of the Grandstands toward the west side and on the suite level.
– Knoxville Raceway takes the safety of fans, drivers and staff seriously. Track maintenance and safety policies are continuously reviewed for improvements. If suspicious activity is observed, please report it to the nearest staff member immediately. Reports may also be submitted by texting “Grandstands” to 46986 with the location and details of the issue.
- During weekly and Nationals events, seat cushions are permitted. The Grandstand benches have backs, so seat backs are not necessary or allowed.
- The Knoxville Raceway Grandstands do not provide adequate protection from extremely high winds or lightning, and there is not an approved tornado shelter available. Fans are urged to monitor the weather closely and take appropriate precautions to ensure safety. Should severe weather develop, Knoxville Raceway will provide updates via public address system and social media. Read our full weather policy here
– Corporate sponsorship helps to support the weekly races and special events at Knoxville Raceway. For more information on how you can keep sprint car racing strong, email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Rent a suite for your next corporate event, private meeting, or family celebration. Knoxville Raceway has 28 suites in various sizes to accommodate any group. Rentals may be arranged annually or for special events. A wide selection of beverages and discount concession coupons help to make event planning a breeze.
Text Messaging Service
- For up-to-date information on rainouts or other issues affecting the race schedule, text “Knoxville” to 84483. In the event of race delay or cancellation, you will receive a text message.
– Tickets for weekly races and for National events are available in person and by phone at 641-842-5431. Nationals single and multi-day tickets are also available online. Ask about our season ticket packages to save $36 with a 9-race punch card, or $100 with a Deluxe Sprint Fan Package.
– For safety and to ensure a clear view for all fans, umbrellas are not permitted inside track gates.
– Pre-paid tickets may be picked up at any ticket window or inside the Ticket Office.