Information for Knoxville Raceway Media
Knoxville Raceway welcomes the media to the Sprint Car Capital of the World. Knoxville Raceway boasts 25,000 seats, 22 VIP suites, and a racing surface which is always conducive to fast, side-by-side competition.
More than 100 cars from 30 states, Canada, Australia and New Zealand gather every August to compete inte prestigious Knoxville Nationals, a four-day event, boasting the highest purse in all of sprint car racing. A unique format which makes every lap on the track important, the champion on Saturday night walks away with a $150,000 check and bragging rights.
For any media related inquiries including credential requests, please contact Kendra Jacobs. email@example.com, 704-619-9638
The 2016 Knoxville Raceway credential request form can be found here. Credential requests can be scanned and e-mailed to the above address or faxed to 704-288-1098.
About Knoxville RacewaySince 1954, fans have flocked to Knoxville Raceway to experience the most exhilarating and intense dirt track racing in the world. Top drivers come to Knoxville, Iowa, to compete for prestigious racing titles in events like the Knoxville Nationals, Knoxville Championship Cup Series and the Late Model Knoxville Nationals. As the Sprint Car Capital of the World, Knoxville Raceway has developed into a tradition, legacy and leader in dirt track and open wheel racing.
Knoxville Raceway Quick FactsVenue
- Knoxville Raceway is the Sprint Car Capital of the World with more than 200,000 sprint car racing fans visiting the venue every year
- 24,612 seats(16,289 fronstretch; 7383 backstretch) and 22 VIP suites with 306 seats.
- Third-largest outdoor stadium in Iowa
- Constructed in the late 1800s on the Marion County Fairgrounds
- Length: 1/2 mile
- Width: turns 70 feet; front stretch 80 feet; backstretch 60 feet
- Turn banking: 8 degrees
- Surface: black Iowa soil
- Features 410, 360 and 305 winged sprint cars weekly
- The Late Model Nationals are hosted every September
- Knoxville Raceway hosts races nearly every Saturday night from April-September
- The Knoxville Nationals in August is the most prestigious and largest dirt track race in the world
- The Knoxville Championship Cup Series is the United States’ premier weekly 305, 360 and 410 sprint car series
- View the full schedule at knoxvilleraceway.com/schedule
- Knoxville Raceway is located 30 miles southeast of Des Moines in Knoxville, Iowa, at the Marion County Fairgrounds at 1000 N. Lincoln Street
- Mailing address: P.O. Box 347, Knoxville, Iowa, 50138
- Phone: 641-842-5431
Documents and Files