Important information for the media
Knoxville Raceway welcomes the media to the Mecca for sprint car and open wheel racing fans throughout the world. Known in all corners of the globe as the Sprint Car Capital of the World, Knoxville Raceway boasts 25,000 seats, fifty-six VIP sky boxes, and a racing surface which is always conducive to fast, side-by-side competition.
More than one hundred cars from thirty states, Canada, Australia and New Zealand gather every August to match their skills at the Knoxville Nationals, a four-day event, which has often been described as the "Indy of sprint car racing." It is truly the greatest sprint car race in the world, where the winner walks away with a $150,000 check and an open door to future opportunities in auto racing.
Brian Stickel, Knoxville Raceway email@example.com
Brandon Bingham, Bing Bang Media on behalf of Knoxville Raceway, firstname.lastname@example.org
To request media credentials, download the Application for 2015 Knoxville Raceway Media Accreditation in Word or PDF. Note: applications for the Knoxville Nationals must be received before Friday, July 3 at 5pm.
About Knoxville RacewaySince 1954, fans have flocked to Knoxville Raceway to experience the most exhilarating and intense dirt track racing in the world. Top drivers come to Knoxville, Iowa, to compete for prestigious racing titles in events like the Knoxville Nationals, Knoxville Championship Cup Series and the Late Model Knoxville Nationals. As the Sprint Car Capital of the World, Knoxville Raceway has developed into a tradition, legacy and leader in dirt track and open wheel racing.
Knoxville Raceway Quick FactsVenue
- Knoxville Raceway is the Sprint Car Capital of the World with more than 270,000 sprint car racing fans visiting the venue every year
- Third largest outdoor stadium in Iowa
- Constructed in the late 1800s on the Marion County Fairgrounds
- 24,612 seats (16,289 main grandstand, 7,383 back grandstand) and 32 luxury suites with 440 seats
- Length: 5/8 mile at the fences
- Width: turns 70 feet; front stretch 80 feet; backstretch 60 feet
- Turn banking: 8 degrees
- Surface: black Iowa soil
- Features 410 and 360 winged sprint cars, as well as special nights featuring late model, modified, and 305 winged sprint cars
- Knoxville Raceway hosts races nearly every Saturday night from April-September
- The Knoxville 360 Nationals and the Knoxville Nationals in August are the most prestigious and largest dirt track races in the world
- The Knoxville Championship Cup Series is the United States’ premier weekly 305, 360 and 410 sprint car series
- View the full schedule at knoxvilleraceway.com/schedule
- Knoxville Raceway is located thirty miles southwest of Des Moines in Knoxville, Iowa, at the Marion County Fairgrounds at 1000 N. Lincoln Street
- Mailing address: P.O. Box 347, Knoxville, Iowa, 50138
- Phone: 641-842-5431
Documents and Files